Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"By my side" Valentine...

This is a valentine for a man - thus, no pinks or pastels. Tried to find a color combo that would work for a man and a card design that was no too frilly (ok, maybe the bow is a bit much?). My daughter thought that the background stripe was representative of a man's tie. The darling digi image is from Fresh Brewed Designs and is being entered in their Freshly Brewed Challenge #31 where all you have to do is "spread some love." This card is also being entered in Tuesday Throwdown #32 where the theme is a Valentine.

Where did my creative adventure take me today??? Well, I had to think outside my comfort zone, especially in looking at the color spectrum. Hope I "tied" these colors up nicely for my husband's Valentine card.

Stay warm harted,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. The blues and reds look great together! So clever to make a more manly Valentines day card! Lovee it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we talk about the fabulous shading on those mugs. You have become the queen of copics. This is the perfect Valentine card for a man!

    ReplyDelete